Saudi Arabia Visa Photo Requirements
International traveling usually involves requesting a visa, which is done by undergoing a visa application process. Travelers eligible for an electronic visa must gather information about the primary documents to submit for a Saudi visa.
When you are applying for a Saudi Arabia evisa, there are certain compulsory documents you will have to provide while filling out the application form. One of the documents is your photograph. It will serve as your identity verifier for the issuing authority and the border control official when you enter the country.
Understanding the requirements of the photograph is essential if you want to receive the Saudi eVisa & Saudi Arabia tourist visa on time. We can help you with this. Instead of going to a photographer or studio to take a picture, you can take a photo of yourself at home, and send it to us to process it according to the government's requirements. You can submit a photograph that fully complies with the Saudi Government's guidelines and rules with our help.
Here's all you should know about Saudi Arabia visa photo requirements.
Visa Photograph Specifications:
Check out the Saudi Arabia visa photo specifications:
- The photograph should be 2" in height and 2" in width, and resolution must be at least 600 dpi.
- The photo must be in color. Black and white pictures aren't acceptable.
- In the photo, your head should face forward.
- The picture should be a recent one. The Saudi government doesn't accept photos older than six-months.
- The background of the photo must be simple, plain white. No other color is allowed.
- Your photo should feature your face's entire front view, eyes should be visible, and the face should be straight.
- Don't smile when you are taking pictures for your passport or visa.
- The photograph shouldn't be blurry. The image must be high-quality, and features should be visible.
- Saudi government allows applicants to submit pictures with headgear because of religious reasons.
- Your clothing/dress should be in a different color from the background. Don't wear a white color dress.
- Beard is permitted, provided that it is part of your everyday appearance.
- The applicant must provide 2 passport-sized photos at the time of submitting the visa application.
Bad Photo Example
Before submitting your visa application, check out these common mistakes to avoid!
Saudi Visa Photo Guidelines:
Now that you know the Saudi visa photo specifications, let's look at the essential guidelines and rules regarding taking a photo on your own. Do remember that if you submit an inadequate photo, your Saudi Arabia visa application will get rejected. Therefore, we have created a list of necessary points to remember while taking the visa photograph.
Always take the picture against a white backdrop. The background must be plain, without any shadow, pattern, or color. In case you don't have a full white wall in your home, use a white sheet that isn't see-through.
Don't take the photo in a dark environment. There should be ample daylight or artificial light available else the picture will not be visible. Similarly, the light shouldn't be too bright. Do make sure that the light source is on your front side so that it doesn't create a shadow on your face.
While readying yourself for the picture, make sure to keep your head straight. Also, your face should be perpendicular to the camera. Both sides of your face must be visible in the picture as the Saudi government doesn't accept portrait-style photos. Another essential point to remember is to never smile in your visa or passport photo. Keep your expressions neutral, for which you must keep your facial muscles relaxed when snapping the picture.
Avoid Visual Obstructions:
Nothing should obstruct your eyes or your face in the photo. Moreover, only prescription glasses are allowed, but make sure that the frame isn't too large. The picture shouldn't have a flash reflection at all. Remember, never take a photo for your visa while wearing sunglasses or tinted lens glasses.
If you otherwise don't sport a beard, do not take a photo with a beard. Or else, if you are considering changing your appearance, such as either growing a beard or going clean shave, do make the necessary changes before taking the photo. The point to note is that your visa photo must match your current appearance.
A decent dressing is necessary for any visa photo, but it is particularly important when applying for a Saudi eVisa. Though the dress won't be too visible in the picture, it is still better to wear a full-white dress shirt or t-shirt. Photos with headdresses are allowed, but on the condition that it shouldn't cover your face from forehead to the chin area. Also, the headgear shouldn't cast a shadow on your face.
Saudi Arabia eVisa Photo Guidelines for Infants and Babies:
When traveling abroad, everyone in the family, including newborn babies, infants, toddlers, and children, must carry a passport. Each member must obtain a visa before traveling to Saudi Arabia. This condition applies to people who aim to go with their families. If you are confused about the visa photo of your children, we are here to help.
Check out the rules and guidelines on taking pictures of your children.
- The child must be awake when you photograph him or her. That's because the eyes must be visible in the photo as per the government's directives.
- Parents usually prefer to take a picture of their child while he/she is sitting in a car seat. If you plan to do that same, don't forget to cover the seat's back with a white cloth. Do remember that the white background condition applies to the minor's photo as well.
- If you intend to take your child's photo from above while the baby is lying on his or her back, do place a layer of white cloth underneath the baby.
- None of the parents or anyone else can appear in the visa photo of children. Not even while you are holding the child. Not even your hands should be visible in the picture. If your child uses a pacifier or wears a headgear, remove it when taking his or her photograph. However, if the headgear is for religious reasons, it is allowed.
Saudi Arabia Visa Photo Requirements for Babies
Saudi Arabia Visa Photo Requirements for Infants