Saudi Arabia Visa Online Application Form & Explained
Saudi Arabia is a well-known destination site for tourists all over the world. It has become the second biggest tourist destination in the Middle East. The tourism sector in Saudi Arabia has been boosted lately. It does include not only religious pilgrimage but also some leisure tourism. To visit these places, it is necessary to have a Saudi Arabia visa. The Saudi Arabian government has simplified the visa application procedure by introducing the electronic visa system to make traveling easy, accessible and convenient for tourists. On this page, you will find out all the details on how to fill out an electronic visa application form.
Saudi Arabia e Visa
The eVisa is an official document that provides a tourist with travel authorization and allows a tourist to enter Saudi Arabia multiple times. It was introduced on 27 September 2019 by the government of Saudi Arabia. From September to March 2019, there were more than 400,000 eVisas issued. The e-Visa is an easy and fast application process. Each application is overviewed by a team of qualified experts for visa processing. Around 49 countries are eligible for the eVisa.
Requirements for Saudi Arabia e Visa:
The applicants who meet the following Saudi Arabia visa documents requirements are eligible to apply for eVisa.
- The applicant who wishes to apply should be visiting Saudi Arabia for a duration of 90 days only. However, the visa is valid for 365 days.
- The applicant will have to be at least 18 years old. Applicants under 18 years will be allowed to travel accompanied by an adult.
- The applicant can apply for an eVisa for the purpose of tourism, short business trip and family gathering only.
- The applicant must belong to a list of the more then 49 eligible countries for Saudi Arabia Visa.
- The applicant is required to have a valid passport with an expiry month no less than 6 months beyond their arrival date and is required to enter Saudi Arabia with the same Passport with which they have applied.
Applicants who meet all the eligibility requirements for the Saudi Arabia eVisa application can process their application successfully.
Documents required to apply for Saudi Arabia eVisa
To apply for a Saudi Arabia e visa, the applicants must have the following documents:
- Valid Passport- your Passport is required to be valid for three months after your visa expires.
- Digital Photo- A digital passport-size photo in PDF format.
- Valid E-mail Address- After applying for an eVisa, your visa will be sent to you through the e-mail address mentioned by the applicant, so make sure you use a valid e-mail address to avoid hurdles.
Steps for Saudi Arabia Electronic Visa
The Saudi Arabia application process is fast and easy, saving the applicant's time and taking no more than 10 minutes. It is designed to make the process of application simple, easy and you can apply for a visa from anywhere, anytime.
For travel authorization to the entire country, candidates are required to fill out each section carefully and accurately.
- Application Form:- In the first step, the candidate will be asked to fill out some general information. All the information that is provided by the applicant in the application form will be screened using several databases. The passport details mentioned on the application must match the Passport used for travel. A mistake in the application can cause delay or even rejection of eVisa in some cases. Therefore, the applicant is required to fill out the form accurately and correctly to avoid inconvenience. The applicant will also be asked to choose the processing time from the standard, rush and super rush processing options.
- Payment:- After filling out the application form, the candidate must make payment by a credit card or a debit card. The fee depends upon the type and the variant you apply for. The super rush option provides eVisa within 24 hours. The candidate is asked to revise step one to ensure all the information provided is correct and accurate.
- E-mail:- When the application is submitted and processed, the candidate will receive your visa through the e-mail provided in the application. A copy will need to be shown along with the Passport upon arrival to the country to the border authorities.
What is the necessary information for Electronic Visa?
You need to know the following things before filling out the application process. The applicant is required to provide all the information accurately to avoid hurdles in the application procedure. The information required is;
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- Contact number
- Travel plans
- Passport information
- E-mail address
The information provided in the application must be correct and should match to your Passport.
Instructions for eVisa application:
The eVisa application can be proceeded by following a few instructions. They are;
- Enter the information required into the spaces on the form. You must answer all the questions accurately. Your answers should be in English and should contain all characters in English.
- Review the information entered. The information should be accurate because it will be used for the processing of eVisa.
- After reviewing process, press the continue button in the end of the form. If you fail to click the continue button on form, it will result in incorrectly filled form.
- The form will be displayed in Adobe Acrobat. Print it out after it is issued.
- Barcode that appears on last page of the application form will be used by Visa application authority to process the applicant information.
What Visa do I need for tourism purposes?
For traveling purposes, you need a Saudi Arabia tourist visa. Passport holders of eligible countries can apply through an online portal. The applicant is required to fill out an application form and will receive their eVisa through e-mail. This process is completed in a few minutes. Those citizens who do not belong to the eligible countries will have to go through diplomatic channels, and may take weeks to process.
How to apply for an eVisa?
To ensure smooth delivery, the government of Saudi Arabia has introduced an online system. This system was introduced in 2019. It avoids the hectic procedure of waiting for visa applications in queues. The applicant can get their visa quickly and easily through the e-mail they give while applying. This process saves the applicant from long and tiring procedures.
Validity of E visa
The eVisa is valid only for 365 days (one year) from the day you obtain it. This visa is a multiple entry visa, valid for only 365 days (one year) and allows tourists to stay for a period of 90 days only. After the mentioned time period, the eVisa will not be accepted by the border authorities.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, all the information provided in your application is secure. This information is encrypted to prevent third parties from access. All the data provided by the applicant is stored on secure servers.
If you make a mistake while filling out the application form, you are required to contact the details mentioned on the portal. An error in the application can result in a delay in the application process. In some cases, it causes refusal of eVisa. There is a possibility that your details are already fixed if your eVisa is linked to your passport number.
As announced by the Saudi Arabia government, eVisa will be valid for 90 days, i.e 3 months. After the mentioned time, the border authorities will no longer accept the visa.
The application process is very easy and simple. It is filled within a few minutes. The applicant must fill in some of their personal information and proceed with the application by paying the fee. After that, the applicant will receive their eVisa through the e-mail mentioned.
Yes, to obtain Saudi Arabia eVisa, the applicant is expected to provide a detailed travel plan when completing the application form.
No, minors who travel with one parent or legal guardian are allowed to travel to Saudi Arabia without the absent parent's consent. However, unaccompanied children traveling to Saudi Arabia need parental consent.
You will be able to keep track of the application process by checking your e-mail address which is provided upon registration. All the updates and notifications will be sent through e-mail.
Yes, you can perform Umrah on eVisa. However, Hajj cannot be performed on eVisa and the applicant will be required to contact a travel agent to get a normal Hajj visa which takes 10 days for processing.