Saudi Arabia Visa for Australian Citizens
There has been a boom in tourism since Saudi Arabia finally agreed to welcome international tourists. Although most travelers to Saudi Arabia today are pilgrims, this is now about to change. Saudi Arabia intends to increase its appeal to tourists as part of its Vision 2030 agenda. The kingdom is planning a multi-billion-dollar project to turn around 50 islands in the Red Sea into opulent resorts. A theme park and a futuristic metropolis are also being built to boost the tourism industry.
Before visiting Saudi Arabia, you will have to require a visa. Saudi authorities have now introduced an electronic visa option, making it easier for travelers to go through the process.
What is an Electronic Saudi Arabia Visa?
Every Australian citizen needs a visa to enter the kingdom lawfully. Australians can apply for permits, including business, student, tourist, etc. The Saudi Arabia e-visa is the simplest of them.
Tourists from 49 different countries can enter Saudi Arabia using the e-visa. Australia is one of the nations on this list. You are permitted up to 90 days of stay within the nation using an e-visa. It enables repeated entries into Saudi Arabia throughout a given month. The entire visa application procedure is made incredibly simple with the e-visa. You are not needed to make an appointment or provide your original papers at the consulate office or embassy.
Documents required for Electronic Visa:
To apply for an electronic visa, a number of documents are needed on behalf of the applicant. The following are the documents that need to be provided by the candidate:
- Passport: You must enter Saudi Arabia with a passport valid for at least six months in Australia. There must be at least two vacant pages in the passport.
- Valid Email Address: You will get your Visa by email if it's an e-visa. You must have an active email account that is simple to access.
- Passport-Sized Photographs: You require a digital copy of your colored passport-sized picture. The photo must be shot with a white backdrop and clearly show your entire face.
- Tourist eVisa: A copy of the eVisa is a mandatory document while you travel as you have to display it to the border authorities.
Saudi Arabia e-Visa Validity:
On an e-visa, the traveler can stay in Saudi Arabia for up to 90 days. The visa is issued as a multiple-entry travel permit with a maximum validity of one year or 360 days. On each visit, your stay must not exceed 90 days limit.
Processing time and cost of Electronic Visa:
Travelers must wait for their eVisa to be accepted after submitting their application and payment for the e-visa. After the authorities receive the application, this typically takes between 24 and 72 hours; however, the wait time may be significantly longer depending on the demand and other factors. After processing, the tourist will get an email at the mentioned email address with an eVisa.
The cost of electronic visas is one of the commonly discussed points. To calculate the cost, applicants must choose one of three processing times. The three possibilities are:
- Standard processing - The cost is USD and the application will take five days to process (service fees included).
- Rush processing - This will take three days and cost USD. It will be quicker (service fees included).
- Our fastest choice is super rapid processing! You will be charged USD for 24 hours, and it is worth it (service fees included)
Get your e-Visa in just three simple steps:
Provide essential details about your citizenship and travel purpose through our user-friendly online application form.
Submit your application & Make online payment:
Enjoy the convenience of multiple payment options, including credit and debit cards, as well as other secure and hassle-free methods.
Check your email:
Sit back and relax as we process your application. Once your payment is confirmed, the e-Visa will be promptly delivered to the email address you provided during the application process.
Points of concern:
- The site will never divulge or use the data you enter into unlawfully processing visa payments.
- It's crucial to remember that the e-visa charge cannot be transferred.
- As soon as you click the submit button, your application will start to get processed, and all the information will be sent to the appropriate authorities for authentication. If the information is correct, the Visa will be accepted. Let's say that mistakes are found, and the applicant needs to be found to be eligible for the e-visa. In that instance, their application could be put on hold, or, in uncommon cases, the e-Visa might be denied. The cost of the e-Visa, however, is not refundable.
- The visa application fees must be included when you renew your e-Visa.
How to apply for eVisa:
Login to the Website:
Logging onto the official Saudi Arabia visa website is the first step in applying for an e-visa. Since many fake websites are online, make sure you visit legitimate ones.
Create an Account:
The following step is to register for an e-visa. To set up an account, you must provide your contact information, including your first and last names, email addresses, and phone numbers. You must also enter the country of issue and the kind of passport you possess. After creating the account, the email address you entered will be used to send you a verification code. To activate your account, click on the link that has been sent to you on your given email address.
You can begin completing your application form after your account is active. Several pages must be completed. You must be sure that the information you submit is accurate. You must also enter your personal information, like name, marital status, gender, home address, etc. You must also post a picture of yourself with this. The image should have a 200x200 pixel resolution and be between 3KB and 100KB. The formats that are supported are .jpg,.jpeg,.png,.gif, and .bmp.
You must also specify the dates to arrive and exit Saudi Arabia.
Paying the fee for Visa:
The final step is to pay the visa fee, which may be done with a credit or debit card. The entire sum due, including the transaction charge, 5% VAT, and medical insurance fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Although until recently, only Muslims could enter Saudi Arabia with a visa, the country's doors are now open to Australian visitors thanks to the September 2019 debut of the Saudi Arabia eVisa.
The cost of an eVisa for Saudi Arabia includes Mandatory Medical Insurance in addition to government taxes, processing charges, and professional review to guarantee a flawless application.
Australian tourists are safe to visit Saudi Arabia. Since violent crime is extremely uncommon in Saudi Arabia, most visitors have trouble-free stays there. Furthermore, Saudi Arabian government has relaxed its strict and conservative policies regarding foreign tourists. Hence, it would be much easier to stay in any Saudi Arabian hotel and roam around the country for tourists now than before.
Just a little time! The application has been made to be completed fast and efficiently. Generally, the standard applications are processed within a week or five business days. If you have selected the Super Rush or urgent visa category, it won’t take longer than 24 hours to process the visa application.
Australian citizens possessing Saudi Arabia eVisas can remain for a maximum stay duration of 90 days. However, the visa is issued as a multiple-entry travel permit so the traveler can repeatedly enter the country. But, your travel must have a business or touristic motive. With this visa, you cannot engage in employment in Saudi Arabia.