Saudi Arabia Visa for Canadian Citizens
Saudi Arabia launched a new mechanism of electronic visas to facilitate foreign visitors intending to enter the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) for tourism, business, or pilgrimage purposes. Saudi Arabia is offering e-visa to 49 countries. Canada is one of the countries that qualify for an e-visa. On this page, you will get the necessary information on Saudi e-visa for Canadian citizens.
What is an E-Visa?
It is an electronically applied for and received travel authorization that lets foreigners visit KSA and stay for a period of 90 days. The e-visa can be issued as a single-entry or multiple-entry permit. Citizens of Canada are authorized to obtain a multiple-entry Saudi Arabia e-visa and stay in the country for up to 90 days on every visit. The visa is valid for up to 360 days (one year). Throughout the one-year validity, the traveler can enter KSA multiple times. The e-visa eliminates the requirement of visiting the embassy or consulate, submitting original documents, and going to the bank to pay the visa fees. With an e-visa, the applicant only needs to register on this website, access the e-visa online form, fill it out with the information on their passport, upload the required documents, and pay the visa fees.
E-Visas Offered to Canadian Citizens
Canadian citizens can apply for a tourist visa, business visa, work visa, student visa, and Umrah visa. The application process is conducted online, and the e-visa is also issued to the applicant via email.
It is worth noting that the applicant doesn’t need sponsorship for a tourist visa. For all other types of e-visas, the applicant should be sponsored by a travel agent, Saudi citizens, or an organization. The visa validity is extremely important because overstaying the visa can result in future travel bans or heavy fines. The traveler won’t be allowed to exit KSA without paying the fine.
Obtaining the Tourist e-Visa
All Canadian citizens are allowed to apply for the Saudi Arabia evisa if they fulfill the eligibility criteria. The tourist can obtain the visa online before departing for the kingdom or when they arrive at the airport. However, the e-visa is a much more convenient option as you can travel confidently without any confusion surrounding visa issuance. Visa on arrival is a possibility, but it takes a lot of time and effort from the traveler. They have to stand in long queues sometimes for several hours if many people are awaiting their visas, and a slight glitch in the identity verification can cause trouble. Therefore, obtaining an e-visa before traveling to KSA is better to avoid any unforeseen complications after arriving in the kingdom.
Obtaining a tourist visa is very simple:
- Complete the e-visa form.
- Upload digital copies of travel documents.
- Make the payment.
- Wait for the visa approval.
What to do to Avoid Visa Rejection?
It is important to note that you should avoid making mistakes in the visa application form and ensure your travel documents meet the required criteria from the Saudi Arabian ministry of tourism. If information mismatches occur, your application may be delayed or rejected. Use your passport’s biography page for filling out the application form, and never submit the application without cross-checking the entered information with the passport. Always double-check every field and do not miss out on any questions; otherwise, you may have difficulties getting your visa approved. The Saudi Arabian authorities will gladly approve the application and issue the visa if your information is verified successfully. Saudi e-visa rejection rate is rare, but it could be possible if you do not provide authentic information.Documents Required to travel to Saudi Arabi
- Canadian citizens must upload a digital scan of their valid passports. Their passport must be valid for at least six months after they leave KSA. Moreover, the passport must have two blank pages. In case the passport is due to expire, the traveler should get it renewed before traveling to KSA.
- The traveler will also provide a digital copy of a recent passport-size photo depicting their current appearance. The photo mustn’t be more than six months old. It should be taken against a plain white background. It must be in color and show the full front view of the face. The photo should not be blurry or taken from afar. Do not wear hat, headgear, or glasses unless it is a religious or medical requirement. You may be asked to provide a doctor’s prescription if you are wearing spectacles in your photo.
- Apart from the passport, the traveler should have a valid andactive email address to receive visa-related notifications and the approved visa.
- Lastly, the traveler should possess a valid means of payment, such as a debit or credit card, to pay the visa fees. They can also use a PayPal account for this purpose.
Saudi Arabia e-Visa Fees and Processing:
For Canadian citizens applying for a Saudi Arabia visa online, it is important to be aware of the e-Visa fees. Many applicants wonder about the cost and how to calculate it. The Saudi Arabia e-Visa fee for Canadians depends on the type of visa, the purpose of travel, and the desired processing time.
Visa Fee Checking Tool
Paragraph: To determine the exact visa fee for your specific requirements, you can utilize the Saudi Arabia Visa fee checking tool available on the Saudi Arabia e-Visa website. This tool makes it easy to find and verify the visa fee based on your individual circumstances.
- Normal Processing
- Rush Processing
- Super Rush Processing
Currently, there are three processing types available for Saudi Arabia e-Visas. These options include normal processing, which follows the standard timeframe, rush processing for a faster turnaround, and super rush processing for the quickest processing time available.
Get your e-Visa in just three simple steps:
Provide essential details about your citizenship and travel purpose through our user-friendly online application form.
Submit your application & Make online payment:
Enjoy the convenience of multiple payment options, including credit and debit cards, as well as other secure and hassle-free methods.
Check your email:
Sit back and relax as we process your application. Once your payment is confirmed, the e-Visa will be promptly delivered to the email address you provided during the application process.
Points to Note for Canadian Citizens
Please make sure to take care of the following issues.
- Pork and alcohol are strictly forbidden in KSA except for residential areas dedicated to diplomatic personnel and ex-pats. However, even in these areas, you cannot consume them publicly.
- In Saudi Arabia, photography is considered a sensitive issue, so you should avoid taking photos of holy sites unless the government has permitted it. Also, beware of taking pictures of military and government buildings.
- Modest dressing is necessary for both male and female tourists in public areas. Women must keep their knees and shoulders covered all the time.
- Always keep your personal identification documents in hand when traveling anywhere in KSA, as security personnel can ask for them, particularly at checkpoints.
- Ensure your clothes don’t have any inappropriate text or images.
Entry and Exit Guidelines for Canadian Tourists in KSA
For Canadian citizens, the process of obtaining a visa has become much simpler. But, for those applying for the visa for the first time or who don’t know the new e-visa process, you should hire a travel agent to oversee the visa process. This can help you ensure a hassle-free experience and will substantially minimize the chances of visa delay or denial.
Entry requirements for Canadian citizens vary as per the type of passport you use for traveling. Always check passport requirements with your travel agent and transportation firm before traveling to KSA.
Your passport must be valid for six months beyond the departure date.
Canadian government issues passports with X gender identifiers as well. So, if you want to travel to KSA with an X-gender passport, you may find it difficult to enter or transit through it as it has certain entry limitations. KSA and many other countries do not recognize this passport.
The rules are different if you are traveling with a temporary passport or have an emergency travel document. Please check with your foreign representative before leaving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Canadian citizens can easily obtain an e-visa. They only need to register with a travel agency authorized by the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia. Then they should fill out an e-visa form in which they will provide personal, passport, and travel-related details. They must upload some necessary travel documents in digital format and pay the visa fees. Afterward, they only need to wait for visa approval.
Muslim tourists can perform Umrah without specifically obtaining an Umrah e-visa. If they have a valid tourist e-visa, they can use it for Umrah. However, they cannot use a tourist e-visa for performing Hajj. And Umrah pilgrimage is allowed only before and after the Hajj season.
Women intending to visit KSA for touristic purposes are allowed to travel solo. They can apply for the e-visa and stay in Saudi Arabia for the entire stay validity period of 90 days without any hassle or difficulty. However, for any other travel purpose, such as pilgrimage, women must be accompanied by a male. Or else they should be met by their sponsors in Saudi Arabia at the port of entry; otherwise they may be denied entry. This rule also applies to business visa holder females.
Yes, Canadian citizens are allowed to travel to Saudi Arabia with minors. But they have to apply for the e-visa for their children. Moreover, children must be accompanied by either their parents or guardian. If one parent is accompanying the minor, they must have written permission from the other parent.