Visa on Arrival Details for Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia occupies a central position in the Arabian Peninsula. This country is joined with Jordan, Iraq, and Kuwait through its borders. One of the primary pillars of the Saudi Government's Vision 2030 strategy is tourism. By 2030, the kingdom hopes to welcome 100 million visitors yearly and expand the sector, which now accounts for 10% of its GDP.
Recently, this country has transitioned from strict rules to more relaxed regulations for attracting international tourists. Due to modernization, Saudi Arabia is now attracting tourists for recreational purposes rather than just pilgrimage tourism. However, now Saudi Arabia is also giving visas on arrival to several countries.
Visa on Arrival for Saudi Arabia:
In September of last year, Saudi Arabia started providing citizens of 49 nations with Saudi Arabia tourist e-visa and visas on arrival. This modification enables travellers from these nations to get a multiple-entry visa with a one-year validity and stays up to 90 days for touristic purposes.
Who is eligible for a Visa on Arrival?
USA, U.K., and Schengen tourist or business visa holders are eligible for a Saudi tourist visa on arrival. They can apply for the visa anytime at the country's entry points. Holders of U.S., U.K., and Schengen visas can now enter Saudi Arabia and acquire a visa at the entry points instead of waiting in line at a Saudi Consulate.
Process of Saudi Visa on Arrival:
You can obtain your visa at any entry point while entering Saudi Arabia. This entry can be through air, sea, or land routes. Underage applicants can only apply for the visa upon arrival if their parents or guardians accompany them. Depending on your case, the process does not take more than 10-30 minutes. If you have the required documents and meet the eligibility for a visa, the process can go smoothly for you.
Cost of Saudi Arabia Visa on Arrival:
The cost of an arrival tourist visa is SAR480. The visa is valid for 90 days, and the multiple-entry tourist visa is valid for a year from the date of issuance. It must be noted that the fee is non-refundable and cannot be claimed by the applicant.
Conditions for Visa on Arrival:
U.K., U.S. & E.U. country residents can apply for a visa on arrival if they meet the requirements listed below:
The tourist is from one of the nations listed as eligible. The traveler has a Schengen, United States, or British visa. The following conditions must be met:
- The visa must be valid for about 6 months after arriving in the KSA.
- There are 2 types of visas: business and tourist, which can be obtained on arrival.
- The visa must be utilized at least once and bear the entrance stamp of the nation that issued it.
- Holders of permanent residence in the U.S., U.K., or E.U. after verifying the resident's existence. This also applies to first-degree relatives traveling with visa holders.
Validity of Visa on Arrival in Saudi Arabia:
The kind of visa determines how long it is valid. Multiple-entry access permits you to stay in Saudi Arabia for up to 3 months, whereas a single-entry visa only allows you to stay for one month. Whether you visit or exit the nation during that time, a multiple-entry visa's maximum validity is 3 months.
Travellers should know that the visa on arrival is only suitable for tourism and cannot be utilized for work, business, or Umrah. Holders of visas for the United States, the United Kingdom, and Schengen countries are now eligible for visas on arrival; however, they are ineligible for Saudi Arabia's electronic visa system.
Saudi eVisa vs Visa on Arrival:
You might have heard about the Saudi eVisa, but what’s the difference between an eVisa and a visa on arrival? Both sound like travel documents, so which one is best for you? Which one is the Saudi eVisa vs visa on arrival? Well in this article we have explained exactly that. You might know that certain countries require you to get a visa before travelling there. If you are planning a trip to Saudi Arabia, you will need to apply for a Saudi visa unless you plan to enter the country with an eVisa. However, both of these documents allow you to enter Saudi Arabia as a tourist. The only difference is how they work and where you can get them from.
What Is An E-Visa?
Saudi Arabia e-Visa is an alternative to the visa that allows you to apply for a visa online. The traveller is required to produce all the data on the given e-Visa portal of the country in order to obtain permission to enter the country. The fee for Saudi Arabia e-Visa is to be paid through electronic modes such as credit card or internet banking.
When the application is approved, the visa is sent by email and can be downloaded. One of the major advantages of an e-Visa is that you do not have to wait at the airport once you reach the country. This will save you the hassle of paperwork, queues and documents.
Both Visa on Arrival and e-Visa is designed for travellers who want to experience a stress-free travel experience and enjoy a memorable holiday by availing e-Visa.
Validity of Electronic Visa:
The validity of the Saudi Arabia tourist e-visa is one year. The visa's validity period begins on the day it was issued. The authorized e-visa specifies the validity duration. The following are some of the points which must be noted:
- A single-entry and multiple-entry travel permit are available with the e-visa. It will be automatically chosen as a multiple-entry visa if you haven't chosen a specific type of visa.
- The duration of the visa stay is distinct from the duration of the visa. Even though the e-visa is valid for a year, travelers can only remain for 90 days in a single visit.
- An e-visa cannot be extended. You will have to reapply for it and pay the visa fees if it expires before you reach the kingdom.
Steps to apply for eVisa:
The applicant must go through various steps to apply for the visa. The following are the main steps for applying:
Step 1: Check whether you need a visa: Saudi Arabia welcomes visitors from many countries. There are categories of countries that require visas to go there, and some do not. The GCC countries do not require visas to travel to Saudi Arabia. Only a passport is needed for these citizens.
Step 2: Fill in the application: The Saudi authorities want you to fill out an application before applying. It takes a total of 12-14 minutes to fill out the form. The form is available on the Saudi online visa application website. You must complete all of your passport information, submit digital photographs, and provide travel and contact information in addition to choosing the appropriate visa type once you are there.
Step 3: Payment of the eVisa: you will be asked to make payment for the visa. This process is entirely online for the ease of the applicants. After you proceed with the payment, you will receive an automatic confirmation version of the application. The Saudi Arabia e-visa cost varies according to your nationality, purpose of travel, and processing duration. A charge for complete health insurance during your visit to Saudi Arabia is included in the visa cost.
Important points to note for eVisa:
Here are some of the essential points that you must note before and while applying for the electronic visa to get into Saudi Arabia:
- The approved e-Visa is sent as an email attachment, often a PDF file.
- Whatever the circumstances after your application submission, you cannot cancel or request a refund once you have submitted an eVisa application.
- Refunds are not available in case of unapproved visas.
- Everyone who applies will get an electronic invoice for their transaction.
- In your e-visa application, always give accurate and precise information. Applications with inaccurate or misleading information will be disregarded.
- The decision to approve an e-visa application will be made by the ministry of tourism and the relevant regulators.
- Entry into KSA is not guaranteed even with a granted e-visa.
Frequently Asked Questions
Saudi Arabia provides electronic visas for business and travel purposes. The duration of the tourist e-Visa is one year. Depending on the region where you apply, you can use it for several entries throughout the year by applying for a multiple-entry visa or just once on a single-entry visa.
Saudi e-visas are short-term travel permits. The duration of each visit for an e-Visa is up to 90 days; however, it cannot be used to enter Saudi Arabia to work or study. There are separate visas for work and study in KSA issued by the Saudi Arabian embassy or consulate.
The following are the primary conditions for eVisa:
- The minimum age requirement to apply for an e-visa is 18. Since minors cannot apply independently, an adult must do it on their behalf.
- Those who apply on behalf of a minor must be authorized by law; otherwise, the application will be turned down.
- In addition, you need a genuine, current passport to apply for a visa. If you plan to enter Saudi Arabia using an e-visa, make sure your passport will still be valid for 6 months after that. If not, it is preferable to get it renewed before applying.
Yes, travelers from countries eligible for the visa program can get the visa on arrival with the exact requirements. However, they should still check their eligibility if they fall under the list of countries who are eligible to apply.